Within the pages of I Can Teach My Child to Read, you will find the basic fundamentals of teaching a child to read in simple, easy-to-understand language that can be implemented the minute you set this book down. You are your child’s first and most important teacher! Whether your child will attend public school, private school, or be home-schooled…what you do in the early years of her life will greatly impact her reading ability for years to come.
What You Can Expect to Learn From This Book:
- A balanced approach towards reading with comprehension and enjoyment as the ultimate goal.
- The importance of reading aloud to your child even after she has become a proficient reader herself.
- Tips for teaching your child to identify the letters of the alphabet within her environment.
- Activities that promote literacy while incorporating multiple senses and areas of development.
- Comprehension strategies that ensure your child is remembering and retaining what she has read.
- Simple phonemic awareness activities that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine.
- The necessity for teaching phonics and sight words.
- Decoding strategies that will engage your child.
- Tips on choosing “just right” books for your child to read independently.
This book will leave you feeling equipped and empowered to begin teaching your child to read!
If you choose to buy the PDF version, you will receive an e-mail with a downloadable and printable PDF document once payment is complete. You will need to have Adobe Reader (or a comparable program) installed on your computer/device to view it. If you do not already have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free here.
If you choose to buy the Kindle version, it will automatically download to your Kindle device (or through the free Kindle app).
Classroom Version Now Available!
If you are a teacher and would like to share this book with the parents of your students, you may purchase the Classroom Version for just $30 that allows you to print up to 25 copies for your classroom.